The Nova LFS Smart BusTM far exceeds APTA White Book crashworthiness requirements and they are built to resist the toughest operating conditions. Our team strives to design high-quality, innovative products including Smart Safety Features that reduce the frequency of accidents, as well as their consequences.
Structural protection cell for driver
- The front structure of Nova Bus vehicles is reinforced with two parallel stainless steel tubes, creating a protective cell for the driver in case of frontal collision. Ultimately, that means offering drivers best possible operating conditions.
Side-impact barriers to protect passengers
- The high frame stiffness and structural integrity of the LFS® platform increase passenger comfort and safety. Our buses are equipped with side-impact barriers made from the best alloy, to offer superior resistance in the event of a side or rear collision.
*** Click to view a video of our Nova LFS® crashworthiness test ***
Rear end structural reinforcement
- Exclusive to our transit buses in North America, structural rear impact barriers are a definite value-added feature since the vehicle’s main components are located at the rear of the bus.
- The Nova Bus windshield provides maximum visibility for the driver, improves lighting and reduces blind spots to play a key role in preventive safety.
All-wheel disc brakes
- All-wheel disc brakes have been our standard for years, increasing drivers’ and passengers’ safety. Balanced by design for optimal stability, they reduce braking distance by approximately 50-ft at a speed of 60 mph (15.2 m at a speed of 97 km/h).
At Nova Bus, we never compromise on safety – it is part of our core values.
And that’s why selecting a Nova Bus vehicle is a Smart Choice!
Find out more about Nova Bus Smart Features